Wednesday, June 13, 2007

2 Weeks and Counting!!!

T-minus 2 weeks and counting before I board my plane to Spain. Actually, I'm boarding my plane to Paris because the geniuses that be decided we should take the red-eye to Paris (leaving Atlanta at 9:00 pm and arriving at something like 8:00 am), spend 4 hours in the Paris airport before flying to Madrid. This means that we'll arrive to Madrid at 5:30 pm the next day. This sucks!!! There are direct flights to Madrid from Atlanta, so I don't quite get our little detour. I can't imagine how tired I'm going to be when I arrive in Madrid because I don't sleep very easily on planes. I suppose I'll have to double-up on sleeping pills or something like that.

I've bought some new clothes for Spain that don't require a lot of care (meaning no ironing, easy to pack, etc.) Thanks to my friend Lisa Fox who designs fabulous jewelry (www.lisafoxdesigns.com), I have fun new necklaces too. Finally, and most importantly, I have some new shoes that will support my various walking endeavors throughout the country. I have to admit that my new Borne flip-flops (or are they sandals?) are probably the most comfortable and supportive open-toe shoes that I've ever worn. I also invested in some new (expensive!) walking shoes that I will be wearing in Spain as I continue my training for the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk (http://www.the3day.org/atlanta07/betsyalpert). By the way, props to Dick's Sporting Goods for giving me a 20% off discount on these shoes in support of The 3-Day (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/home/index.jsp).

Lastly, I hope you enjoy the mini-slideshow that I put up a few minutes ago. It was a test for me to be able to publish my pictures in Spain without having to spend too much time figuring it out.

1 comment:

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Woo Hoo!! I am so excited for you!! I love your blog; it looks great!! I can't wait to read about your adventure!! Much love to you!! Be safe!!
David, Amy and Emily Grace Venn