Sunday, June 24, 2007

BBQ / Last Weekend

This was my last weekend here in Athens before departing to Spain in three days! I spent Friday working on my first assignment for a class I didn't even know I was taking (Methods in Teaching Spanish...boring!). I was suppose to write a self-assessment of myself in Spanish and then read a chapter in a book that I used when I was a senior in college. I then made Andy's favorite meal of crab cakes, onion potatoes, and then chocolate chip pecan pie. Yum!

Saturday, Sampras got a deshedding bath, and we bought a VERY expensive deshedding brush. This gets rid of his undercoat which makes him extremely hot in the summer. Also, when we would run our fingers on his back, we'd always end up with handfuls of black fur. Therefore, we felt as though this was a good investment, especially since Sammy's spending the rest of the summer with both sets of his grandparents who might not appreciate black fur balls everywhere!

Today, we hosted our Summer BBQ / Farewell to Betsy & Sampras (see the pictures below). There were probably 15 - 20 people here, including some of our friends from Atlanta and the dog park. In fact, we invited our dog park friends' dogs to come over as well, so we had a total of 7 dogs here in our little tiny duplex. We grilled out hamburgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers along with chips, fruit, cookies, and sodas (we are too poor to provide sodas). The doggies all behaved very well, swam in the baby pool in the backyard, and played with Sampras' toys. It was great seeing everyone before I leave! Also, it forced me to clean the apartment which made Andy VERY happy!!!

My mom's down here now (she came towards the end of the BBQ), and she's going to help me pack tomorrow and hopefully buy me some last minute essentials. She was more excited to see Sampras than Andy and me!

1 comment:

Angela said...

We had a blast at the BBQ - thanks for having us!
Angie and Jim