Thursday, July 12, 2007

Exciting things are coming my way!!!

I am SOOOOO excited for tonight and this weekend. Why? Because tonight I´m lucky enough to see Miguel Bosé in concert here in Salamanca. Now, you might be thinking to yourself, "Who is Miguel Bosé?" Well, if you went to my rehersal dinner and wedding last year, he´s the one who sings the song "Morenamía" which was in our video and is also on the CD that everyone received. I saw him in Mexico City three years ago, and he has just released a new album which is his greatest hits as duets with famous Spanish singers such as Shakira, Juanes, etc. I´m SUPER excited to see him again!!!

Tomorrow morning at 6:00, I´m going to Madrid to pick up Andy from the airport! He´ll be here in Spain for 8 days, and we´re definetely making the most of our time together. Friday, we´re spending the whole day in Madrid, Saturday we´re taking the bullet train to Seville (where I studied 7 years ago), Sunday we´re going to Granada (where La Alahambra is), and then Monday we´re traveling back to Salamanca. Then, we´ll spend the rest of the week here in Salamanca, because I can´t miss any more classes. Friday afternoon, we´ll go back to Madrid, because Andy leaves early Saturday morning. I´m sure we´ll have an awesome time!!! Only two things could make his visit better: 1. The weather in Seville and Granada is seriously 115 degrees (it´s right above Africa) 2. I wish Sampras could come visit too! (According to my mother, he´s having a great summer in Cincinnati, and he´s even made some new friends!)

My classes here in Salamanca are awesome! I wish UGA would offer classes like these, because I´m learning so much, and it´s not literature or linguistics (what they offer at UGA). I´m taking the most advanced grammar class there is, and I know this makes me sound like a huge dork, but I totally get off on doing all the ser/estar, preterite/imperfect, etc. grammar exercises. I also am finding my Spanish culture and art history classes fascinating. It´s a whole lot to take in in only a few weeks, but it´s totally worth it.

Lastly, I´m publishing a few pictures for you all to enjoy. The University offers free tours of the the cathedrals and the Universidad, so here are some pictures of them. Enjoy!

P.S. If you have a minute and want to either leave me a comment or send me an email, I´d love to hear from you!

2 comments:

K. Schloemer said...

I love your pics because they are EXACTLY what I would take pics of so THANKS for showing me Espana! The Bell Tower is in Los Destinos cuando la abogada (no recuerdo su nombre) va a Espana para buscar a Rosario! LOL JA JA JA JA. Espero que uds tengan un fin de semana espectacular!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a blast and learning a lot Bets. We miss you here, but we're glad you are sctaching your travel and learning itch! Love you, Amanda